Canada Day celebrates all things Canuck...
Especially our sense of humour! We can take it as well as give it!
In the true Canadian spirit, I have rounded up some quotes that poke lighthearted jabs at us.
- Canada must be considered the Vichyssoise of nations - cold, half-French, and difficult to stir. ~ Stuart Keate.
- An optimist in Canada is someone who thinks things could be worse. ~ Preston Manning.
- Canada is like an old cow. The West feeds it. Ontario and Quebec milk it. And you can well imagine what it's doing in the Maritimes. ~ Tommy Douglas.
- The beaver, which has come to represent Canada as the eagle does the United States and the lion Britain, is a flat-tailed, slow-witted, toothy rodent known to bite off its own testicles or to stand under its own falling trees. ~June Callwood.
- Canada is like a loft apartment over a really great party. Like,"Keep it down, eh?" ~ Robin Williams.
- It's going to be a great country when they finish unpacking it. ~ Andrew H. Malcolm.
- Canada is the essence of not being. Not English, not American, it is the mathematic of not being. And a subtle flavour - we're more like celery as a flavour. ~ Mike Myers.
Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian family, friends, and followers.
(Header photo by nutcase_19 at pixabay).
(Maple leaf shirt on child photo by Ksenia Makagonova at unsplash).
(Parliament Building, National Gallery of Canada and Maman, the spider sculpture by Louise Bourgeois...illustration by Craig Clark at pixabay).