Amazing, Talented Guest Artists....!
Thank you to all the amazing, talented artists who shared their stories and creativity with my readers in 2020.
I am very grateful for all the artists/creatives from around the world who appeared as guests on my website. Click on the links below to see the article relating their creative journeys and to view, once again, their wonderful work. Encourage them by following them on social media sites.
Common threads evident in artists’ stories
Some common threads emerge over and over from our shared stories:
- So many of us didn’t choose to make a living from our art when we were young. Our parents encouraged us to find more “stable, dependable” work.
Counter that with the common thread that many artists are willing to take that risk later in life when we have tired of the workplace and need to find something more personally rewarding.
- Confidence in our work as artists is often found later in life. We paint big, and bold, and experiment. We don't care as much what the world might think of our work because we realise that there are so many benefits to be had from showing up and creating.
Of course, there are artists who do manage a day job outside of the art world and also find time during their busy day for art. The secret they share is to work small. Or to parcel the work in little bits here and there and make them more manageable. In all cases, the suggestion is to enjoy the process and not worry so much about the outcome.
- Artists find work on canvas leads them to new discoveries and more traditional art merges with art quilts that feature portraiture, or mosaics that cover entire walls, or from interior design to experiments with digital art.
- When we share our stories with others, we make new friends and increase our network of fellow creators. We engage with other communities of like-minded people who inspire us and who might help us promote our work.
- Sharing is a win-win proposition in all aspects!
Join the group and share your story in 2021.
And so, as I begin a fourth year of highlighting and sharing the work of such a talented group of people from around the world, I encourage you to join the group whether you are a sculptor, a photographer, a jewellery maker, or an artisan, or creative of any type.
Contact me to receive an information letter with the explanations for joining this illustrious group of guest artists or simply if you have any questions. I will try to answer any concerns you might have.
Happy and healthy new year from my studio to you!
Header image by Sarah Evans at unsplash
Thank you image by Jon Tyson at unsplash